Make Your Next Dental Check-up ROCK.
We get it. For most people, a visit to the dentist ranks right up there with being forced to drink curdled milk. (Ouch. That hurts.) At Advanced Dentistry of Blue Ash, we go out of our way to make your dental check-up rock. But, here are a few things you can do ahead of time to make your visit even more stellar.
Make a list of any current issues or questions.
When you’re in the dentist’s chair, it’s hard to remember anything – never mind a list of questions. That’s why it’s always handy to make a quick list ahead of time.
As you’re making your list, think about these questions:
- Are your gums bleeding when you brush? If so, that can be a symptom of gum disease. The sooner you tell us, the sooner we can help you.
- Do you have any pain in any of your teeth? Pain or sensitivity when you’re biting down or eating hot/cold foods could mean you have cracked teeth, broken fillings, or cavities. Even if the pain is fairly mild, let us know. It’s always better to check it out sooner rather than later.
- Are there any spots in your mouth that aren’t healing normally? It could be nothing, but there’s also a chance it could be oral cancer. At Advanced Dentistry of Blue Ash, we do oral cancer screenings at every check-up.
- Are you having trouble flossing or brushing? Jagged teeth, broken fillings, or some medical conditions could make it tough to floss or brush. Let us know, and we can get to the root of the problem (Get it?!? Root of the problem? Sorry, bad joke).
- Have you been clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth? Sometimes, our patients don’t even realize that they’ve been doing it. In those cases, they wake up with a tension headache or a tight jaw without realizing the cause. Both clenching and grinding your teeth can wear down your teeth and make them more susceptible to decay and cavities.
Keep us up to speed on your medical history.
Most people wouldn’t think to share their medical history with their dentist, but it’s incredibly important. Some diseases, like diabetes, can affect your teeth and gums. Also, some medications can lead to dry mouth which leads to cavities.
Bottom line: The more we know about your health, the better we can keep your teeth healthy.
Let us know what medications, vitamins, etc. you take on a regular basis.
As we mentioned above, some medications and supplements can cause dry mouth. Other medications can thin your blood, making it more likely that your gums will bleed while we’re doing dental work. To keep you safe, make sure we know about all medications and supplements that you’re taking.
On a budget? Ask us about our Dental Discount Program.
Not all employers offer dental insurance, so we offer a Dental Discount Program. With the Advanced Dentistry of Blue Ash Dental Discount Program, regular cleanings and all dental work are offered for a reduced rate. Call us at 513.891.3333 for more details and to see if the Dental Discount Program is right for you.
At Advanced Dentistry of Blue Ash, we love keeping our patients’ smiles happy and healthy. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make you feel more comfortable, and we’ll see you at your next visit.
Dr. Dave & Team